Friday 16 November 2012

solution to stolen manhole covers!

I wish to congratulate whoever is responsible for solving the problems of stolen manhole covers in Section 11 Petaling Jaya. I am referring to the two manholes whose covers have been stolen more than 6 months ago. {{Location: @ Jalan 11/4 just opposite the Restaurant Chuan Lee, towards the junction with Jalan 11/2.}}

Many parties, including my wife, have reported many times that the manholes are stolen, leaving gaping holes of 4 feet by 2 feet wide. If a person had fallen into it, he could have been killed.

Just this evening, I walked past the two manholes without manhole covers, and lo and behold, the manholes have been FILLED WITH SAND AND EARTH, so much so a car would have safely parked over the hole. What an innovative way of solving the problem of stolen manhole covers..... fill up the manhole!!!

I have to ask this stupid question... If manholes can be filled up, what is the use of having these manholes in the first place? I can't believe we Malaysians have become so brain dead!

Please, somebody look into this.

No comments: