Saturday 3 March 2012

New Rubbish Contractors, MBPJ

Saturday March 3, 5.50pm.
At the time of writing of this email, I wish to inform that the household rubbish contractor has still not come to collect our household rubbish, accumulated since Tuesday 28 February

This morning, I also received calls from my neighbours, complaining to me that there is no sign of the rubbish contractor in our areas, ie. Jalan 11/10 and 11/5, but they were reportedly going around in Section 12/12A and Section 11/12.

I also made a call this morning to Richard Yeoh, the Councillor for Section 11 and 12 PJ and he said he will check. I am not sure what is meant by that, though it means that the rubbish were left uncollected. I also made a call to Dr Chitra, in charge of the MBPJ Environmental Health, who proudly informed me that her own house rubbish was also NOT collected in Jalan 11/6. She also informed me that the contractor for Section 11 has informed her that they have lost their way, and even with maps provided by MBPJ, they are still lost. Dr Chitra also informed me that she has activated the 'backup' team and our household rubbish will be collected today.. I am still waiting as I write this email.

I have no recourse but to highlight the ineptitude of the officials in charge of implementing the "new contractors" for the household rubbish collection, since revoking Alam Flora's contract. I am sorry but I do not agree with Datuk MBPJ that the contractors be given a 3 month grace period to be efficient. In the meantime, are all the food waste from households and restaurants in Section 11 PJ be allowed to fester and leave a stinking smell around the neighbourhood??

Planning, and implementing a plan are two different things, and I am speaking as an experienced project manager of International projects. Managers must 'turun padang' in the early phases, and not sit around cushy making phone calls with their I-phones, and then think they have done their jobs.

In the meantime stray dogs tear into the plastic bags of food leftovers, and we residents have to bear with it.

What's wrong with the Selangor State Government?

No comments: