Tuesday 19 April 2011

Powerless Government? (or corrupt)

I refer to your report, Powerful figures behind vices and cannot help but feel that there is a lackadaisical attitude among the police authorities and the local Government in trying to stamp out vice and corruption in the island State. I am saying this because, I remembered having commented several times in the past that the police and local authorities seem to "close one eye" on vice activities in the State, via my letter to your paper, 'why no action against outlet" published on November 17, 2009! In that letter, i expressed my amazement at the fact that an illegally operated entertainment outlet has been closed by Police 11 times but were still caught operating illegally. I will not be surprised if the police were to tell me that this entertainment outlet is "still in business" at the present moment.

To me, it is quite embarrassing for the police to have to report that their hands are always tied when allegedly 'powerful figures' are involved in the crimes. It goes to show us that corruption and a lack of personal integrity still hold the upper hand in the administration of the affairs of the State.

The public cannot help but be concerned....

'Powerful figures' above the law?

No comments: