Wednesday 16 November 2011

Appeal to use aerobridges for budget airlines...

I wish to refer to the letter in TheStar, "Group wants aerobridges at KLIA2" appearing on October 24, and also to my comments on the letter, click here>>>'Budget' does not mean 'heartless' in which I said that a Budget airline should also operate with a soul, in addition to making huge amounts of profits from the villagers.

I have on this occasion, received further input from my network of concerned readers, a picture of how dangerous it is, for a disabled passenger to enter and alight from an airplane, "manually". {please see attached} Besides apparently having to pay for a wheelchair on Air Asia, it would seem to me that a sick or disabled passenger would also put his life to further grave danger, if someone trips up on the way up or down! We have not even begun to talk about damages that the airline has to pay for any fatal consequences of an accident occurring during the 'transfer'.

Once again, I would like to appeal to the Government and the authorities to consider the Group's request for KLIA2 to install aerobridges for all its flights. I fail to see why international standards of embarking and
alighting from the present normal and wide body aircrafts should be sacrificed for the sake of profitability of a few. KLIA2 is built to serve the International community, so let's abide by international standards of performance and dignity.

As I have said before, and I repeat it here, does Malaysia want to be known as a nation without a soul??

No comments: