Thursday 17 November 2011

Hike in airport passenger service fees, put travellers first

Dear BK,
Thanks for your post, >> Hike in airport passenger service fees, put travellers first and I couldn't agree with you more that both MAHB and the airlines should not forget that the customers must always come first. I have always maintained that AA has grown too big for its shoes, and in its effort to keep afloat while struggling against predatory competition and fast rising oil prices, it has chosen the route to give its valued customers the short shrift. Furthermore, in my opinion, "Investments" in F1 racing and the QPR football club must surely come at the expense of sorely needed cash for expansion and operations, hence the need for a lot of unilateral price increases that are served on the customer, without any warning. Why does such a great "people mover" get to be so arrogant? Does it think it will have the monopoly in the budget business forever, and disparaging remarks that the LCCT is like a 'horse stable' is very snootish.

I believe, as I expressed in my letter to FreeMaaysia today (below), that a single fare listing would be a more ethical way to treat the customers, and MAHB should also consider taking over its own tax collection, as I also noticed that they seem to have "outsourced" their check in counter services to some third party, as I witnessed it during my last visit to KLIA in September. At that time, I was thinking, MAHB was taking the easy way out, but maybe by outsourcing the tax collections, it can solve many issues with the airlines, and some tantrum throwing CEOs

No comments: