Saturday 26 November 2011

Have power meter readings monthly. [TNB is using unethical steps to increase revenue]

I must admit that, when I read this letter in SundayStar, Have power meter readings monthly. I was quite shocked at the low steps that TNB would apparently stoop to, in order to increase its revenue. When I wrote my letter, Continue with monthly reading, and also my blog posting TNB not doing its work? all I thought was that TNB was reducing its costs by giving us estimated bills and sending the bills by post, late. Boy, was I wrong!!!
If what Capt. Abdul Aziz Abdullah has said in his letter is true, I am quite sure it is, it is downright immoral for TNB to use such underhand tactics to increase its revenue. The reason the TNB has introduced graduated tariffs is to encourage consumers to reduce, and use energy efficiently. Now consumers, who are practicing prudence have been stymied by the TNB's procedure to read our meters in duration that are longer than 30 days.
In my case, since TNB will apparently bill us 'from the office' in alternate months, I would still pay a much more higher bill, as the higher tariffs would 'kick in' when the computation is going to be based on two-months' actual reading.
That's a patently unfair business practice, and one which is totally unbecoming of a Socially Responsible Corporation, or is that all Spin doctoring??

No comments: